Saturday, November 3, 2012

Flour-less Banana Egg Pancakes (GF and Paleo)

My all time favorite breakfast recipe!



I was introduced to Banana Egg Pancakes from Tina over at Carrots N Cake a few months ago. She was making them with only one egg and one banana- so simple, so delicious, and so easy. 
After a few weeks of making them, I decided to start adding other things to it- pureed sweet potato, pumpkin, spinach... 
I love adding spinach to anything that you are pureeing. It's pretty much flavorless, so you don't really notice a taste change, it just changes the color of your food a little. But you get all the added benefits of eating spinach without even noticing you are eating it!


Flour-less Banana Egg Pancakes

Ingredients

1 banana (on the small side is best)
1 egg
2 tbs pumpkin puree (or sweet potato)
1/4 ts pumpkin spice
1/4 c spinach
olive oil or coconut butter

Directions

Put all ingredients into magic bullet (I use my magic bullet because it's the easiest way for me to puree up the spinach. If you don't have a way to puree the spinach then just leave it out of the pancakes and mix the rest by hand).
Grease your skillet, today I used coconut butter, but olive oil works great too. These pancakes can really stick to the pan so make sure it's greased really well.
Over low heat, pour the pancake mixture onto skillet. You can make one big pancake or a few smaller ones.
Cook until golden brown- about 10 minutes on each side. Don't try to rush the process by turning up the heat, these pancakes need to slowly cook all the way through.


I like to top mine with almond butter and berries. I have huge bags of strawberries and blueberries in my freezer from Costco, so I think I know what I'll be topping mine with for the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment