Sunday, November 18, 2012

Funfetti Cake Batter Dip with Coconut Milk

So this started out as Cake Batter Fudge from Baked From a Box


Ingredients

Box (3 cups) funfetti cake mix
3 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 sticks of butter (cut into small chunks)
1/2 cup coconut milk

Directions

Pour cake mix and sugar into microwave-safe bowl and mix together. Add butter and milk but don't stir them into the dry ingredients.

Microwave for 2 minutes, stir immediately until well combined. 

Spread into greased baking pan and refrigerate for an hour

Funfetti Cake Batter Dip


I followed the directions, but the fudge just didn't set (apparently I should have added more sugar or less milk?) I left it in the fridge for a few hours and then put it in the freezer for a few more to see if that did the trick.. it did not.

I tried to cut and scoop a piece out but it just turned into a not-fudge-looking mess. So I scooped it all out of the baking dish and plopped it into a big bowl and called it Funfetti Cake Batter Dip!



 If I make this again I will add a little more milk... so here's the new recipe...

Ingredients
Box (3 cups) funfetti cake mix
3 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 sticks of butter (cut into small chunks)
3/4 cup coconut milk

Directions

Pour cake mix and sugar into microwave-safe bowl and mix together. Add butter and milk but don't stit them into the dry ingredients.

Microwave for 2 minutes, stir immediately until well combined. 

The coconut milk adds a nice hint of coconut, but it's not overwhelming. If you didn't know this had coconut milk in it I doubt you would even notice. Although if you wanted more of a coconut taste you could add some shredded coconut into it.

I will serve this with something like honey teddy grahams or gingerbread cookies and apple slices. Pretzels might also be good- salty/sweet.

1 comment:

  1. I played Bunco this weekend and someone had made this. Served it with unfrosted animal crackers.

    ReplyDelete