Sunday, January 6, 2013

Eggnog Pancakes

A lot of pancakes get made in our house. A lot. I eat pancakes just about every morning and Karl eats them every weekend and often times during the weekdays too. The thing is, Karl can't have my pancakes because he's allergic to bananas and I can't have his pancakes because I can't eat wheat.

We have been talking about getting an electric griddle for a long time but we just never did it. We would just use our skillet to make them- which works just fine. But since we make pancakes on it so often it wears out the non-stick pretty quickly. Plus you can really only make 3 pancakes at a time on the skillet, so when I double or triple a batch it will take me forever to cook them all. 
But today- we made the switch!


Of course we wanted it test it out right when we got home, so Karl make pancakes and bacon for lunch!

Before I stopped eating wheat this was the best pancake recipe that I had ever found. The secret? 
Butter!
Add melted butter into the pancake batter and grease the pan with butter too. Totally not healthy, but totally delicious. 
We had some eggnog in the fridge so Karl substituted out the normal milk in the recipe for the eggnog. 

Eggnog Pancakes

1.5 c flour (if you're using whole wheat flour just add a little less)
3.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 salt (optional- I normally don't add it)
1 tbs white sugar
1 1/2 c eggnog (or replace with 1 1/4 c milk)
1 egg
3 tbs melted butter (replace with olive oil for a healthier substitute) 

Directions

Mix together all the dry ingredients.
Add in the wet ingredients.
Coat griddle with butter (or olive oil), pour batter, and cook until bubbly, then flip and cook the other side. 

Karl even made me a taster pancake- what a guy!


Just from that little taste, I could really taste the eggnog flavor.

Smother these babies with some syrup or jam and dig in!!


No comments:

Post a Comment