Saturday, January 5, 2013

NEW Favorite Pancake Recipe (Gluten Free and Paleo)

Pancakes are a big breakfast item for me. Cereal doesn't keep me full for very long, so i normally stick to oatmeal and pancakes. I still make my egg and banana pancakes a lot, they are super easy to throw together. But these new ones are much tastier and have more of a pancake texture. And they are gluten free and paleo enough for me (they have vanilla extract and baking powder in them)


Most Awesome Pancakes

Adapted from my favorite blog!

3 bananas
3 eggs
1/4 c almond butter
1/4 c almond flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla extract (or almond)


Mix bananas and eggs together. I will either puree them in my magic bullet or mix them together in my kitchenaid. Mixing them by hand will work too, there will just be some larger chunks of banana.

Add the rest of the ingredients to the banana mixture and mix well.

Heat skillet to medium-low and grease very very well. 
Cook pancakes just like regular pancakes.


I top mine with nut butter and berries. YUM!

When I make these I normally double the batch so I'll have an easy and delicious breakfast every morning before work.






1 comment:

  1. Now you got me craving for some banana pancakes! LOL! =D I’ll try this recipe for sure. The peanut butter topping goes well with the banana pancakes. Do you have other recipe ideas that you would like to share with us?

    Joseph Carr

    ReplyDelete