Monday, January 21, 2013

Paleo Onion Rings

I don't eat strict paleo (as you can see by most of the recipes I've put up on here), but I do like to keep paleo foods in mind when I am making my meal plans and grocery lists- lots of veggies, fruits, and meats. With that being said, sometimes it's fun to challenge myself to make non-paleo foods, more paleo-ique: pizza, soups, pancakes, ect etc. Here is another food that I challenged and conquered!

Paleo Onion Rings

Ingredients

One onion- sliced into rings and carefully separated
1 cup almond meal
2 eggs (or 1/2 cup egg whites)
1 tbs smoked paprika
1 tsp chili flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup coconut oil (may need to add more)

Directions

In small bowl, whisk the eggs.
In medium bowl, mix together the almond meal, paprika, chili flakes, and salt.
Heat coconut oil on medium heat in a large skillet.

Dunk the rings into the egg, then cover in the almond meal mixture.
Pop them into the skillet for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook the other side for 1-2 more minutes. When they are browned on both sides, pull them out, let them cool on a paper towel, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment