Monday, January 21, 2013

Sweet Potato Pizza Crust (GF)

The temperate is in single digits out here in Chicago.. with a wind chill that makes it feel like -5. Even Cooper, who always wants to be outside, is refusing to go. 
So instead, we are cuddling on the couch eating pizza and drinking hot coco.
 And looking at pictures that my parents are sending me from Hawaii. 
Thanks for inviting me Mom and Dad!

Sweet Potato Pizza Crust


I've seen a ton recipes for cauliflower pizza crusts. I even tried to make it once, but I really didn't like it. Maybe I'll try it again sometime. Or maybe not, because I've found the most awesome grain free pizza crust recipe EVER! This crust has a great flavor and it was actually crispy!! This recipe was adapted from Tina.

Ingredients 

1.5 cups mashed sweet potatoes
1.5 cups almond meal
2 eggs
1 egg white
1 cup shredded cheese
1 tsp baking powder
1.5 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
Whatever toppings you want!

Directions

Preheat your oven to 375*F
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.

Prepare a silicone baking sheet, I've found that this works best. If you don't have one use a greased baking pan or pizza stone.

Spread your dough out into three small pizzas about 1/4-1/2 inch thick. This is the most important part to making sure your crust won't be mushy!!

Pop them into the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned and the middle is firm.
Remove from the oven and add your toppings.

Bake for 5-10 more minutes, until your cheese is melted.

Pull it out, slice it up, and enjoy!

I topped one of mine with ricotta cheese, mozzarella, mushrooms, basil and some roasted garlic. YUM!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of the pizza, it's a good one to try.

    ReplyDelete