Sunday, March 3, 2013

Bacon Wrapped Chicken and Roasted Broccoli

My box is having a Paleo Challenge that is starting next week, so I've been doing some major paleo recipe collecting lately. I'm trying to stock up on recipes to make the challenge as easy (and delicious) and possible. So since I've been searching through tons and tons of paleo recipes, I've obviously been looking at lots of pictures of bacon. (if you don't know what I'm talking about, go search for paleo recipes for a minute or two and you will understand!) Bacon this, bacon that, bacon bread, bacon cookies, bacon breakfast, bacon lunch, bacon dinner, bacon soup.

And of course all those bacon pictures makes me want bacon, and I just so had a package in the fridge! I saw a recipe for bacon wrapped pesto chicken- which sounds delicious. But I didn't have any pesto. So I simplified it even more and made bacon wrapped chicken. How easy is that?

Bacon Wrapped Chicken

serves 4 (perfect for dinner and leftovers for lunch the next day, or on some mashed potato pizza!)

Ingredients

4 chicken breasts
1 package of bacon
whatever seasonings you want to put on the chicken

Recipe

I started by slicing each chicken breasts into three strips each. You don't have to do this, but I wanted it to cook faster. Season the chicken breasts however you want to (I just did salt and pepper). 
Wrap the bacon around each chicken breast, I used about 2 pieces for each piece of chicken. The bigger the piece of chicken the more bacon you'll obviously need. If you need to, stick a toothpick into the end of the bacon to make it stay put.
I cooked these on my George Foreman for about 10 minutes or so.

Roasted Broccoli

Ingredients


2 cups broccoli
olive oil
sea salt

Recipe
Preheat oven to 400.
Rinse the broccoli and spread evenly onto baking sheet.
Drizzle or mist with olive oil. Sprinkle a little sea salt over all the pieces.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, until browned and crispy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment