Sunday, March 3, 2013

Mashed Potato Pizza Crust

I loooove mashed potatoes. For Thanksgiving, half my plate is mashed potatoes.
I'd seen pizzas with mashed potatoes as a topping, but I'd never seen one with mashed potatoes as the actual crust. I had recently made a this pizza with a sweet potato crust and it turned out great, so I thought I'd give regular ol' potatoes a try.

Mashed Potato Pizza Crust

Ingredients


1.5 cups mashed potatoes
1.5 cups almond meal
2 eggs
1 egg white
1 cup cheese
 1 tsp baking powder
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt


Recipe
Preheat oven to 375.
Combine all the ingredients, mix well.
On your silicone baking sheet (recommended!), greased pizza stone, or greased baking sheet, spread the dough evenly into one or two circles, about 1/2 inch thick. I made two smaller pizzas because I think it cooks better in the middle, plus they are easier to get off when they are done.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until center in firm and the edges are lightly browned. 
Add your toppings and bake for another 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melty and browned. 


For my toppings I used ricotta cheese as the sauce (because it's my favorite!), some green onion, mushrooms, bacon wrapped chicken, and mozzarella.




No comments:

Post a Comment