Sunday, March 3, 2013

Paleo Fudge

For Valentine's Day, Karl and I had a hot date.
Our Crossfit box had a Sadie Hawkins workout- so I asked Karl to be my date. We did as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of 20 pull ups, 30 squats, 4 laps running, and 2 laps wheelbarrow walking. Holy cow- my shoulders were shot after the wheelbarrow walking! And then my hands kept slipping off of Karl's sweaty shins, so I had the hardest time holding him up (sorry for dropping you!!). 
Since it was Valentine's Day I felt like I needed to make something to share with people at the box, so I decided to make fudge (because it makes sense to bring fudge to a gym right?). And it was perfect timing because I had recently seen a recipe for paleo fudge- score!

Paleo Fudge

This fudge has a rich, melt in your mouth coconut flavor. It's awesome!

Recipe from Practical Paleo

Ingredients

1/2 c coconut oil
1/2 c cocoa powder
1/2 c almond butter
1/4 c maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Recipe

Melt the coconut oil (and only the coconut oil! On my second batch I made the mistake of putting all the ingredients in a bowl and then melting them- totally changed the consistency.)
Blend all the ingredients together.
Pour into a lined muffin tin (I used a mini muffin tin). You could probably use a greased 8x8 baking dish and then just cut it into squares, but I haven't tried it. 
Pop it into the fridge for 30 minutes or so until it's firm. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.


1 comment:

  1. Love you! It was great being your date/partner!

    ReplyDelete