Sunday, March 3, 2013

Spinach Pizza Crust

This pizza was delicious!!!!! I know- it looks weird, it's green. And it's main ingredient is spinich. But seriously- soooo good! Oh, and the best part? It doesn't taste like spinach at all!

This is the easiest pizza crust I've ever made. Way easier than regular wheat pizza crust. No yeast needed! And it's only 3 ingredients plus whatever spices you want. 

Spinach Pizza Crust

Recipe adapted from this blog that I found via pinterest

Recipe

4 cups raw spinach
2 egga
2 cups cheese (I used mozzarella)
whatever spices you want (I used garlic powder, onion powder, and a dash of salt)
Whatever toppings you want

Directions

Preheat oven to 425.
Grease your silicone baking sheet. If you don't have one, line a regular baking sheet or pizza stone with parchment paper (you may want to grease the parchment paper too- this stuff sticks really easily).
Puree spinach and eggs until smooth. Add cheese and spices.
Spread evenly onto baking sheet. I made two smaller pizzas and they turned out great, but you could make one big one too.
Bake for 15 minutes- until edges are brown and center is firm. 
Add toppings and bake until cheese is melty and browned, about 5-7 minutes.

I made one pizza for Karl and one for me. On Karl's I used regular pizza sauce, ground chicken, mushrooms and peppers. On mine I used ricotta cheese as the sauce (AWESOME!), mushrooms, and some ground chicken.
This pizza held together really well, I could pick up a slice and it didn't fall apart.

1 comment: